Post Budget Workshop by the Associate Minister of Finance
Te Rūnanga-Ā-Iwi-O-Ngāpuhi invites you to attend a Post Budget Workshop presented by the Associate Minister of Finance, The Hon Paula Bennett on Wednesday 8 July 2015 from 1:30PM to 3PM at the office of Te Rūnanga-Ā-Iwi-O-Ngāpuhi, 16 Mangakahia Rd, Kaikohe. Please note these details have changed from those previously advertised.
Hon Paula Bennett
Hapū Request Time Extension for Hapū Kaikorero Nominations
Following requests from hapū, the nomination period for the new round of elections for Tūhoronuku Independent Mandated Authority (Tūhoronuku IMA) Hapū Kaikōrero has been extended to 10 July 2015. Read more...
Kaikohe Student Makes the Elite
A 17-year-old Northland College student is one of just six from throughout New Zealand to win a place at an international business challenge in Singapore later this year. Read more...
Northland College's William Hohepa
Councils to Investigate Online Sales of Hangi
Local councils are advising hāngī sellers to get a licence if they want to sell food online under food and safety regulations. Watch the video...
Iwi Leaders Applaud Freshwater Report
The Freshwater Iwi Leaders Group has welcomed the Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment’s report into freshwater. Read more...
Iwi Dairying Practices Questioned
Forest and Bird's first Maori leader, chief executive Hone MacGregor, says tribes are struggling to develop sustainable dairying models.. Read more...
Radio Tautoko Fundraiser in Auckland
An event to support the rebuild of Tautoko FM in Mangamuka, one of the oldest Māori Radio Stations in the country, will take place in Auckland's CBD. Read more...
Swamp Kauri Being Shipped to China
Kauri logs that have been preserved for tens of thousands of years are now being sold offshore by the shipload. These irreplaceable treasures are going mostly to China in a black gold rush. Read more...
Meanwhile the Northland Age says it's time for government departments to put an end to the practice. Read more...
Taihoa to TPPA
A group of esteemed Māori leaders and academics, including Dr Papaarangi Reid, Moana Jackson, Rikirangi Gage, Angeline Greensill, Hone Harawira and Moana Maniapoto have filed a claim and application for urgent hearing today in the Waitangi Tribunal over the Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement. Read more...
Ngāpuhi Boxers Aim for International Success
Marae Investigates talks to four Ngāpuhi women boxers aiming for international success. Watch the video...
- Whangarei Matariki Celebration. Whangarei District Council has a number of Matariki themed events coming up over the next few weeks, including a free whānau event at the Town Basin this Saturday, 27 June, featuring performances by J Geeks, Tasty Brown and kapa haka from 1PM to 7PM. For more info click here or go to their Facebook page here.
- Director Vacancy@NAHC, Kaikohe (closes 2 July 2015). Due to a resignation there is a vacancy for an Independent Director. For further information contact Susan Huria firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 021 962 704. Also, Ngāpuhi Iwi Social Services is advertising for Youth Mentors for Tikipunga High and Kaitaia College. Go here for more details.
- Advanced Care Planning (ACP) Co-design Workshop for Māori, Barge Showgrounds Event Centre, Maunu Rd, Whangarei. Friday 3 July 2015, 10am-2pm. ACP is a process of thinking about, talking about and planning for future health care and end of life care. To RSVP or for more details and information about petrol vouchers, email Jessica O'Donnell Jessica.O'Donnell@northlanddhb.org.nz or phone 09 430 4101 ext. 7108
- Ngāpuhi Matariki Celebration. Tickets are on sale now for the annual Ngāpuhi Matariki dinner in Auckland. Tickets are $25 per person and this year's guest speaker is Environmental Commissioner Kevin Prime. The venue is the Salvation Army site, 18 Allbright Pl, Mt Wellington, Auckland on Saturday 27 June starting at 6:00PM. Enquiries to Christine Te Namu on 022 098 0469 or email@example.com.
- Māori Art in the Foyer, Papakura Library, Great Sth Rd. Saturday 20 June 2015. 10am - 3pm.
- Auckland Council Matariki Festival. Celebrate Māori New Year, 20 June-19 July 2015.
- ARCO & NorthTec Design Course (Kaikohe). 19 week NCEA Level 2 Foundation Studies Design Course, from July-Dec 2015. For 16-19yrs of age. Contact Ruby Watson firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and information.
- FREE Te Wānanga O Aotearoa Certificate in Money Management course (Kaikohe). 20 weeks (3hrs per wk) course starts Tues 21 July 2015. Contact Jodie Hannam email@example.com, txt 021923077 or ph 0800355553.
- Aotea Marae - Te Kaiwaha, Waiwhatawhata. All bookings and enquiries to Mike (021 774 417) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsure about your registration?
Ever received an acknowledgement? Do you have a registration number? If you're unsure about your registration details contact us. Ph 0800 NGĀPUHI (0800 6427844), 09 401 5530 or email the registrations team at email@example.com.