Te Rūnanga-Ā-Iwi-O-Ngāpuhi is the organisation that works on behalf of all Ngāpuhi to promote the interests and aspirations of our people everywhere. The Rūnanga's role is to lead the cultural, social and economic growth of Ngāpuhi, Aotearoa's biggest Iwi. Our interests cover Northland, strengthening our Hapū and whanau. We provide scholarships, discretionary and sponsorship funding, as well as financial and other support for Iwi development.
Role & Purpose:
To provide Accounts Administration services to the Financial Controller to meet the financial requirements of Te Rūnanga-Ā-Iwi-O-Ngāpuhi and its subsidiaries as required. The Accounts Administrator would be a special person with a can-do attitude, sees the bigger picture for Ngāpuhi, eager to learn and improve skills, has attention to detail, right attitude and an understanding of Māori katoa would also be an advantage.
There is an option to work from our Whangarei office if it is mutually convenient.
In this role, your key duties may include
- Administer debtor and creditor transactions,
- Process accounts payable invoices,
- Process accounts receivable invoices,
- Process fortnightly payroll and trustee’s honorarium and allowances,
- Maintain petty cash systems,
- Provide regular reports to Financial Controller as required,
- Perform monthly end processes to update general ledger and prepare balance sheet reconciliations for Financial Controller,
- Prepare GST, FBT and PAYE returns and reconciliations for sign off by Financial Controller,
- Regular filing of finance records and archiving at year-end.
- General ledger reconciliations.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Microsoft dynamics GP, Bi360 (or any other ERP system an advantage), and IMS payroll,
- Intermediate to Advance level of Excel, Word and PowerPoint Skills,
- Experience in payroll and finance administration,
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in similar position,
- Work experience in a reputable CA Practice would be an advantage.
- This position is only open for New Zealand Citizens of Permanent Residents. Please do not apply if you don’t meet this criteria.
To be successful in this position you must be able to:
- Meet strict deadlines.
- Enjoy contributing to a fun, professional working environment.
- Be able to take ownership.
- Be passionate about working as a team.
- Be passionate about numbers.
For more details about the role, please download a copy of the job description here.
Want to know more about our organisation and what we do? Look to our website at www.ngapuhi.iwi.nz.
If this role sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply for this role:
- Download an application form here and complete your application carefully.
- Submit your completed application form with a copy of your CV and Covering Letter to [email protected].
- Applications must be received by no later than Sunday, 9th April 2017 at 5.00 pm.
Alternatively, applications can be sent to:
Te Rūnanga-Ā-Iwi O Ngāpuhi
PO Box 263
Marked “Confidential – Job Application”
Applications close: Sunday, 9th April 2017
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
For more information, please contact Ketan Panchal on 09 401 5530.