The Discretionary Fund is a one off application where a child/adult represents their region in a successful event or participates in a special event. Where there are more than five children/adults from the same team/club applying, they must apply for the Sponsorship Fund as a team/club/group.
To be eligible for this fund you must fulfil the following:
- Apply for funding at least fifteen working days BEFORE the event happens.
- Register with Te Rūnanga-A-Iwi O Ngāpuhi.
- Provide in writing, a letter and profile outlining your event, including your achievements, and a photograph for the Ngāpuhi website (Ngāpuhi News). This can be as brief or as long as you wish.
- Provide a letter of verification from your coach, teacher or organisation on letterhead, confirming your participation in this event
- Provide your bank details on a pre-printed bank deposit slip, or a verified printout of your bank account details from your bank. Payment will be made by Direct Credit to your account.
- The amount of the grant shall be a contribution towards the cost and not represent the total cost to the individual.
- At the discretion of the CEO, the grant may be made up of a combination of cash and Ngāpuhi tribal wear.
- The MAXIMUM amount in total shall not exceed $200.00 per person.
- A brief report is required once the event is completed. If a report is not submitted, you will not be eligible for the discretionary fund in the future.
- The Discretionary Fund does not cover costs related to education fees, medical bills, housing, debt, business ventures or legal costs.
- IMPORTANT: If you are successful in receiving funding - a) you will not be eligible for further funding until 12 months after the event b) you agree to your profile and event being used as positive publicity for Ngāpuhi (you will be notified)
If you do not attend your event, the funds must be returned to Te Rūnanga-Ā-Iwi O Ngāpuhi.
Please post or deliver applications to Te Rūnanga-A-Iwi O Ngāpuhi, PO Box 263, 16 Mangakāhia Rd, Kaikohe.
To download an application form please click here.